Town of Whitewater Town Board Meeting Minutes
Wednesday, September 11, 2020
The meeting was called to order by Lowell Hagen at 7:00 PM
Participants present: Lowell Hagen, Norm Prusener, Bob Strand, Jorja Boiley
Norm moved to approve the agenda, seconded by Bob, motion carried unanimously.
Norm moved to approve the minutes with a change from the August 12, 2020 board meeting to the August 17, 2020 Special Meeting minutes.
Treasurer: Bank balances were read.
Clerk Report: A resident called with a thank you to the Road Crews regarding the great job they did with the branch chipping during the summer.
Norm made a motion to accept the Treasurer and Clerk reports as stated, Bob seconded the motion and the motion carried unanimously.
- reported on the Hill Drive project with concerns about the design.
- Krahn Drive has an issue with a culvert that requires cleaning out. Previous discussion was that the culvert needed to be replaced. If it is cleaned out properly there is no need to replace.
- Recent storms have caused issues with falling trees and branches. Specifically for Carl and Linda Wagner. There are two trees that need to be removed. Bob contacted Will’s Tree Removal to obtain quotes.
- Another resident contacted Bob about hanging branches over the road that need to be trimmed. The branches are impeding safe passage for both vehicles and pedestrian traffic. This concern is for W. Lake Shore Drive.
- Krahn Drive and R&W Townline Road, in the vicinity of the boat ramp have 3 pine trees that are dead. Discussion on if Whitewater or Richmond are responsible for removal. The trees are on the south side of the road.
- Bob was responsible for removing a tree on Hi-Lo Road during last storm.
- compliment from a resident on Willis Ray Road for Bob Harris’s customer service helping a resident with gravel/rocks that had been dumped on roadway.
- Received a complaint regarding a permit and the need for a survey on building a shed on a substantial property. Frustration was that the County requirements are not reasonable considering that the proposed shed is well within the boundaries of private property and would not have an impact on any surrounding properties.
Beth Drew provided information on her qualifications for election to the 43rd Assembly District.
Dates for budget process are: October 8, 2020 at 8:00 AM for initial review.
October 14, 2020 for Board approval.
October 22, 2020 to publish information for elector’s meeting for
November 11, 2020 for meeting with electors
Lillian Roy – reported that the music events held this summer have been well attended. There is a concert scheduled for Saturday, September 12, and the committee is asking to start at 6:00 PM instead of 7:00. Arrangements have been made with Boat Patrol to help with non-attendees boaters as the low wake normally starts at 7:00 PM. Approval was granted.
Additional complimented for Tim Ryan regarding clean up for a downed tree.
Tom McKevitt – expressed concern for moving forward with the Hill Drive lakeside project.
Board signed monthly checks
Norm made a motion to adjourn; seconded by Lowell and meeting adjourned at 8:09 PM.
Respectively submitted by Jorja Boiley, Clerk/Treasurer