Town of Whitewater Town Board Meeting Minutes
Wednesday, February 12, 2020 7:00 pm
Present: Robert Strand, Norman Prusener, Jorja Boiley
Absent: Lowell Hagen
Approval of agenda – Bob made a motion to approve the agenda as written, seconded by Norm. Motion passed unanimously.
The minutes of the January 23, 2020 special town board meeting were reviewed. Bob made a motion to approve the minutes as written, seconded by Norm. The motion passed unanimously.
Clerk report –
• notice of open meeting to take place Feb 25, 2020 at town hall. 1-3 PM. Topic is resurfacing Hwy 89 from County Rd A to Willis Ray Road. Commencing 2023. Per Norm bids are being accepted in Fall 2022 and road work may not begin until 2024.
• Public Testing of Voting Machine is scheduled for Friday, Feb 14 at 10:00 AM at town hall
Treasurer report – Jorja read the account balances.
Bob made a motion to accept the Clerk and Treasurer’s reports as stated, seconded by Norm. Motion passed unanimously.
1st Side Supervisor – Nothing to report.
2nd Side Supervisor – Norm reported that the Town of Richmond is in agreement regarding posting permanent signage regarding water levels. The Greater Whitewater Lake Property Owners Association submitted a check for $900.00 for the purchase of the signs.
Chairman – Absent
Sheriff’s Department Incident Report – Ira Martin provided and read the report. There were several “hang up” calls made to 911 that originated from the same telephone number. Perhaps a problem with phone service. He noted that there had been a break-in in a garage resulting in missing tools.
Ira provided the correct wording for s. 30.69 regarding Water Skiing rules. This information will be published in the GWLPOA newsletter in April.
“30.69 Water Skiing
(1) PROHIBITED AT CERTAIN TIMES; EXCEPTIONS.
(A) Except as provided in par. (b), no person may operate a motorboat towing a person on water skis, aquaplane, or similar device unless one of the following applies:
1. There is in the motorboat a competent person in addition to the operator in a position to observe the progress of the person being towed.
2. Subject to s. 30.77 (3) (ab), the motorboat is equipped with a mirror that provides the operator with a wide field of vision to the rear.
Lot variance requests:
Mr. and Mrs. Chad Malicki requested approval for changing lot configuration on their property. Approval was granted and the paperwork will be presented to the County and then returned to Township for signing final approval.
Mr. David Horowitz requested approval for combining two parcels, that he currently owns, into one parcel. Approval was granted and the paperwork will be presented to the County and then returned to Township for signing final paperwork.
Other town business – None
Public Input – none
Board paid bills.
Bob made a motion to adjourn at 7:27 pm, seconded by Norm. The motion passed unanimously.
Respectfully submitted by Jorja Boiley, Clerk/Treasurer