Town of Whitewater Town Board Meeting Minutes
Wednesday, July 8, 2020
Call to order: 7:000 PM
Present: Lowell Hagen, Norm Prusener, Bob Strand, Jorja Boiley
Norm made a motion to approve the agenda; the motion was seconded by Bob; and the motion carried
Norm made motion to approve the minutes from June 12, 2020 Special Town Board Meeting; motion was seconded by Bob; and the motion carried
Treasurer: Bank balances were read.
- Election: sent out 185 absentee ballots; receiving requests daily; 7th Circuit approved changes to in-person absentee voting – cannot happen until 14 days prior to an election: July 28 for the Aug 11 election; residency requirement changed from 10 days to 28.
- Auction concluded: sold 11’ plow and 11’ belly scraper for $210.00; Boat motor top bid was 6075.00 – min was 7500; plow truck 9025. Min $25K. Pictures for next auction should include thorough images of inside cab, under hood and lift box
- Two grant opportunities: one is for increased election expenses due to COVID; second is for non-election related, outside of budget, unexpected costs associated with COVID
- Norm made a motion to accept the Clerk and Treasurer reports as amended to correct math error on one bank balance; motions was seconded by Bob; and the motion carried.
- Norm Prusener – no report
- Bob Strand
Bob gave Tim and Mike permission to begin their work day 6:00 AM this week due to heat
The Clover Valley Road project will start July 16.
- Lowell Hagen– no report
Sheriff’s Department incident report: Jacob Skibba reported that extra patrols have been performed as requested last meeting on Hi-Lo Road and Anderson Road. He provided summary of Sheriff’s incident report for June, 2020
Norm made a motion to approve two operator’s licenses for Willow Brook Golf Course for Erin Rice and Taylor Sackett. A third license for Bryan Sturdevant was approved pending his payment.
The motion was seconded by Lowell and the motion passed.
Bob made a motion to approve a “hidden driveway” sign for N7961 Kettle Moraine Dr, across from Rice Lake; motion was seconded by Norm and the motion carried.
Thank you to Sheriff Mike/Boat Patrol: Sonya Naryshkin was caught in rain storm on lake and Sheriff Mike came to her rescue. She wanted Town Board to know how grateful she is that he was there and how important the boat patrol is to the over-all safety of the lake.
Other town business:
Discussion only regarding placing snow plow and boat motor back into auction. Will need more pictures of interior of snow plow.
Public input: Rich Gunter raised questions about why Ridge Road was not on the list of roads to be repaired this season.
Comments were made regarding the traffic of over-weight trucks using roads not designated for the higher weights. This issue is caused by road construction/detours. Nuisance for residents in the area
Donna Sherman is suggesting that the floors in the rest rooms are in need of repair.
Bills were paid.
Final adjournment: Norn made a motion to adjourn, motion was seconded by Lowell and the motion carried. Meeting adjourned at 8:40 PM
Respectively submitted by Jorja Boiley, Clerk/Treasurer